Airport Train in Bangkok
Trains from Bangkok airport to the city center are one of the fastest and most cost-effective ways of traveling in the capital when you are visiting Thailand.
There are two airport trains in Bangkok. One goes to Makkasan, and the other to Phaya Thai. The former offers connections to the MRT Blue Line, while the latter allows passengers to connect to the BTS Sukhumvit Line.
Airport trains in Bangkok depart from the train station on the lower ground levels of Suvarnabhumi Airport. Before going down the escalators to the platforms, you must purchase a ticket from the booth next to them. Tickets cost 90 THB one-way, and 150 THB round-trip.
The journey time from the airport to the Bangkok city center is 15 minutes, making the trip fast and convenient. If you transfer to the MRT or BTS to get to your hotel or other final destination, you will need to purchase a new ticket before entering the turnstiles.
Trains from Bangkok Airport to the city center run daily from 6am until midnight. If you need to travel outside of those hours, you can take a taxi, shuttle, rental car, or bus.
It’s not easy to come up with a list of the top places to visit in Thailand. The country’s geographical diversity and rich cultural heritage make many areas of Thailand great for visiting.
Still, there are some places in Thailand that are a cut above the rest. As such, here is a list of five of the top places to visit in Thailand.
1. Bangkok – Many people visiting Thailand only spend a day in Bangkok, or even skip it altogether. But the Thai capital is bursting with activity, from bustling markets to beautiful palaces and other sightseeing spots. The food scene, from the famous Thai street food to the high end restaurants and fine dining in Bangkok, is also top notch.
2. Chiang Mai – Chiang Mai is the biggest and culturally most important city in all of northern Thailand. It is located in the mountains, and is home to over 300 Buddhist temples. It is a must on any list of the top places to visit in Thailand.
3. Koh Samui – Koh Samui is one of the largest islands in Thailand. It is known for its pristine white beaches, temples, waterfalls, and nightlife. While the island can get very touristy in the high season, there are parts of Koh Samui that are more secluded and still offer the privacy and isolation of a private island retreat.
4. Phuket – Another beach destination worth mentioning on any list of the top places to visit in Thailand is Phuket. Phuket is one of the most popular beach vacation spots in all of Asia. It is also known for golf, diving, adventure tourism, and the nightlife scene that centers around Patong Beach.
5. Koh Panghan – Koh Panghan is another of Thailand’s beautiful islands. It is most famous for its monthly Full Moon Party, but is also known for its beautiful beaches and resorts. Like the other islands in Thailand, it can get crowded. However, there are secluded areas to get away, and it is worth placing on any top places to visit in Thailand list.
The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket
Address: 21 / 4 Moo 1 T.Rasada A.Muang, Phuket, 83000 Thailand
Phone: (66)(76) 335 600
The Westin Hotel and Resort in Phuket, Thailand is a stunning luxury resort in Phuket’s Sirary Bay.
The Westin Siray Bay Resort offers ocean views from every guest room and a private white sand beach for guests to enjoy in seclusion.
Rooms at the Westin hotel and resort in Phuket are decorated in soft pastels and white, complimenting the tropical ambiance of the bay.
The hotel offers six restaurants and bars that serve a variety of international cuisines.
There is also a gym, a spa and a kids’ club at the Westin Siray Bay Resort.
Room rates at the Westin hotel and resort in Phuket start at 2,010 THB per night.